Service de Presse du PCN / REVUE DE PRESSE
PCN-NCP Press Office / PRESS REVIEW :
Titles and comments/Titres et commentaires : Luc MICHEL
Tags/recherches : Karel HUYBRECHTS
(Sources : JANA, LIBYAN TV, AP, THE NEW YORK TIMES, REUTERS)
“Whether they are eventually confirmed or not, the allegations are likely to provide supporters of Moammar Gadhafi’s regime a fresh rallying point against the international intervention in Libya’s civil war” (Associated Press, June 19, confirming the existence of the very active Pro Gaddafi World network).
“LIBYAN CIVILIANS SAID KILLED IN NATO AIRSTRIKE”, confirm Associated Press.
” the Libyan government accused NATO of bombing a residential neighborhood in the capital and killing civilians early Sunday, adding to its charges that the alliance is striking non-military targets. At least four people, including two children, were reported killed.”
“Early Sunday morning the Qaddafi government showed reporters a destroyed cinder-block house that neighbors and the government said was hit by an errant NATO airstrike in the capital. Two bodies were pulled from the rubble, and at the Tripoli Central Hospital, government officials showed reporters three others, including an infant and a child, who they said were killed in the house (…) Qaddafi government has presented credible evidence of what appeared to be direct civilian casualties of NATO attacks (…) The destroyed building was far from any obvious military facility, in the Souq al Juma area”.
“Neighbors said that three or more families lived in the building, and government officials said it housed 15 people in an extended family with the last name al-Ghrari.” Moussa Ibrahim, a Qaddafi government spokesman, called the leaders of the NATO countries criminals and said they were “planting the seeds of hatred for generations to come.”
“Shortly after the airstrikes before dawn Sunday, journalists based in the Libyan capital were rushed by government officials to the destroyed building, which appeared to have been partially under construction. Reporters were escorted back to the site during the day, where children’s toys, teacups and dust-covered mattresses could be seen amid the rubble.
Government spokesman Moussa Ibrahim wasn’t immediately able to provide the number of casualties, but said there were no military facilities anywhere near the damaged building.
Journalists were shown at least four people said to have been killed in the strike, including the two young children“.
Salem Ali Garadi, 51, who said his brother and sister were among the victims, said five people were killed. "There was intentional and deliberate targeting of the civilian houses," deputy foreign minister Khaled Kaim told reporters at the site. "This is another sign of the brutality of the West."
ANONYMOUS NATO SPOKESMEN FOR ANONYMOUS WAR CRIMES : NATO DIRTY TALES …
First note that “NATO mission spokesman … spoke on condition of anonymity in line with alliance regulations”, said AP, Anonymous spokesmen for anonymous war crimes …
NATO acknowledged its planes hit targets in Tripoli and said it was investigating whether it was responsible for the alleged strike on the house.
"NATO confirms that it was operating in Tripoli last night, conducting airstrikes against a legitimate military target," Wing commander Mike Bracken said in a statement Sunday afternoon. He said the alliance was looking into the reports. "NATO deeply regrets any civilian loss of life during this operation and would be very sorry if the review of this incident concluded it to be a NATO weapon," Bracken said. “The alliance appeared to strike the capital again Sunday afternoon. A number of explosions could be heard in the city, and smoke could be seen rising over the southern part of the capital”, confirm AP.
NATO acknowledged also Saturday that its aircraft had mistakenly hit a column of rebel military vehicles last week near the Libyan oil port of Brega, and The number of casualties from the strike on the convoy of vehicles, meanwhile, could not be determined.
“We regret any possible loss of life or injuries caused by this unfortunate incident,” (sic) NATO said in a statement. The attack was at least the third such episode since the air campaign began three months ago.
The strike, which occurred Thursday, took place against a backdrop of blurry battle lines (…) and Qaddafi forces have been using civilian vehicles like pickup trucks, just as the rebels do, in an apparent effort to confuse NATO.
In this case, NATO said in its statement, its surveillance had spotted the column of military vehicles, which included tanks – NOTE that de CNT rebels use tanks ! – , in an area where Qaddafi forces “had recently been operating.” The statement added, “In a particularly complex and fluid battle scenario, it was assessed these vehicles were a threat to civilians.”
In April, NATO admitted its planes twice hit rebel positions, killing more than a dozen men.
NATO DIRRTY WAR IN LIBYA : KILLING CIVILIANS “TO PROTECT THEM” !
Libya’s Health Ministry says 856 civilians have been killed in NATO airstrikes since they began in March.
A coalition including France, Britain and the United States launched the first strikes against Gadhafi’s forces under a United Nations resolution “to protect civilians” on March 19. NATO, which is joined by a number of Arab allies, assumed control of the air campaign over Libya on March 31.
Thousands of NATO bombs on Tripoli – joined by a number of Arab allies (i.e. 3 – Jordan, Kuwait and Qatar) – and not ONE civilian death confirmed by NATO !
This is what NATO calls "humanitarian help" to armed NATO rebels marching to destroy Tripoli.
The NATO lies are more absurd than invasion of Iraq – with US necons and neolibs (Obama, Clinton, Lieberman) in lead.